On my nightstand right now:
- The first Longmire novel. Nathan and I are fans of the TV series, and by all accounts, the novels are great. This one's been on my list for several months.
- Taste: The Story of Britain through its Cooking. Me and my random historical interests.
- Cranford. I saw the miniseries on TV a couple of years ago and thought at the time that it'd be a nice, mild, cozy read.
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. This is a reread, and I recommend it.
- The Call of the Wild. I actually just finished this one. I'd never read it before.
- Twelve Years a Slave. There's a movie adaptation coming out, and we actually had a copy, so I thought I'd reread it. Nathan took a class on The History of the South in undergrad, and I picked this book up and completed it shortly after he read it. I don't remember a whole lot about it, but I've since learned that its popularity at its initial publication was one of the things (among many, many others, of course) that incited the Civil War.
- The Midwife trilogy (original UK version). I do love that show! Also reissued here, here, and here.
- The Heirloom Tomato, a beautiful coffee table book with history, recipes, varieties to explore, etc.

No comments:
Post a Comment