Friday, August 19, 2011

Jane Lately

Oh my. Dearest Jane. She is a handful these days. We are experiencing a burst of curiosity and exploration from this girl, and it is leading her into some interesting territory. And by "interesting," I really mean "dangerous," "annoying," and "messy."

For example, before 9am yesterday, the girl had found the drawer where I keep the crayons and colored on one of the dining room chairs, dragged an open bag of flour halfway across the house, and climbed one level up on the pantry shelves and was hanging precariously until I rescued her. And she was delighted with each transgression. This morning, she dumped out a bag of pasta onto the pantry floor (the pantry, by the way, is her favorite room), pulled out the stickers and made extensive use of them, pulled all the spoons out of the silverware drawer and dumped them all on the floor, and did some beautiful artwork on her legs with a marker that Nathan and I thought was out of reach--and almost all of that was accomplished while I was in the shower.

I would just like to take a moment to point out that my active little boy never did these things. Only my sweet little girl.

She is still a girly girl, though. She loves dresses, shoes, purses, and jewelry. She still loves to give kisses, and her teddy bear is always by her side in bed and just after she wakes up.

Here are two pictures of the Vaseline Incident, which occurred about a week ago. She rubbed half a jar of Vaseline into her hair.

As I discovered (and should have known beforehand), a bath does not get Vaseline out of hair, because Vaseline is not water soluble. It took a couple of days for it to work itself out.

Janey loves stickers.

A trip to the snow cone stand.

Jane's new camera smile.

Another exhibition of the camera smile.

Did you see my bow? I just now have enough hair for one!

We love that Jane Elisabeth, but she sure is a handful these days!

2 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

time to get a lock on the pantry door!

Lauren said...

no joke!