Sunday, February 25, 2007

Boston


Yesterday I went to a baby shower held in the Penthouse of an MIT apartment building. We have had Bible study in this room for the past 2 years or so, and it has the most magnificent view of Boston over the Charles River. I've never taken pictures of it before, so I decided it was high time I do so, especially since the sky was so bright and the river was interesting (it has been frozen for the past few weeks but is starting to break up).

I love the architecture in Boston, especially in the Back Bay and Beacon Hill areas, which are (roughly) across the Charles from MIT. One of the reasons I love this view is because you can see a lot of the old buildings. One of my other favorite views is from the train as it crosses the river in this area. I always sit on the side of the train that faces this panorama.


Someone was saying that the other day she saw someone trying to walk across the river, down near Boston University. Probably a crazy student. Not exactly a smart thing to do, which you can clearly see from the pictures.

No comments: